– Photos : Voir ci-dessous
– Vidéo : Accessible aux abonnés Concurrences+ (voir ci-dessous)
– Audio : Accessible aux abonnés Concurrences+ (voir ci-dessous)
– Synthèse : Accessible aux abonnés Concurrences+ (voir ci-dessus)
– Retranscription : Accessible aux abonnés Concurrences+ (prochainement publiée ci-dessus)
– Articles Concurrences (Cliquez sur Voir plus ci-dessous) Consultez la section "Prochaines Conferences" pour vous inscrire aux futurs évènements.
Opening Keynote Speech
J. Howard Beales III
The FTC rulemaking started in 1962, after having denied for more than 50 years the fact of being able to write rules. However, the rules that applied in 1962 are different from those applicable today. In the 1960’s, the rules specifically provided that anybody who was alleged to have violated a rule, would have an opportunity to argue that the rule shouldn’t apply in their particular circumstances. At that time, the rules were enforced through and administrative action. Whereas today, consumer protection rules trigger civil penalties and are enforced in federal court.