– Photos: See below
– Video: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see below)
– Audio: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Synthesis: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Transcript: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Concurrences Related Articles (Click Read More below and see page’s bottom) Check the Upcoming Events section for the next events.
Milena Robotham and Lorenzo Coppi moderated the discussion.
The first topic addressed by Olivier Guersent concerns digital enforcement. The Commission has started to implement the DMA. Indeed, the first tranche of staff planned by the co-legislators has been made available. This implementation will also involve several structural changes in both DG COMP and DG CONNECT, which are jointly implementing the text. In this context, three important messages should be highlighted. The first one is that competition law is flexible but not a panacea. The second one is that the DMA still leaves a clear space for complementarity with the application of competition law. The third one is that the Commission needs to make the best possible use of its toolbox, which requires, among other things, good coordination.