CASE COMMENTS: MERGERS – FRANCE – RETAIL TRADE OF TOYS – RELEVANT MARKET – ONLINE SELLING

Revelant market: The French Competition Authority accepts to consider, for the second time, as part of one single relevant market both brick and mortar sales and online sales (Luderix International / Jellej Jouets)

*This article is an automatic translation of the original article in French, provided here for your convenience. Read the original article. By a decision of 17 April 2019, the Competition Authority authorised the change from sole to joint control over Luderix, which operates the Picwic toy store. Jellej Jouets thus acquired 49% of the target's capital and voting rights, with the remaining 51% held by the Mulliez joint venture, which previously exercised exclusive control over Luderix. The transaction gave rise to several horizontal overlaps as Jellej Jouets was created in 2018 by the investment fund Cyrus Capital to take over the assets and activities of Toys'R'Us France, which was placed in receivership after the bankruptcy of its US parent company. As the transaction does not

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers

Already Subscribed? Sign-in

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers.

Read one article for free

Sign-up to read this article for free and discover our services.

 

PDF Version

Authors

Quotation

François Brunet, Céline Verney, Revelant market: The French Competition Authority accepts to consider, for the second time, as part of one single relevant market both brick and mortar sales and online sales (Luderix International / Jellej Jouets), 17 April 2019, Concurrences N° 3-2019, Art. N° 91481, pp. 116-118

Visites 214

All reviews