– Video: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see below)
– Audio: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Synthesis: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Transcript: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Concurrences Related Articles (Click Read More below and see page’s bottom) Check the Upcoming Conferences section for the next webinars.
Daniel Fasquelle introduced Thierry Breton. He explained that, for the purpose of regulating digital markets and curtailing the extensive power of digital giants, Mr. Breton and Ms. Vestager submitted the Digital Services Act and the Digital Markets Act to the European Parliament and European Council in December 2020. Those legislative proposals aim at ensuring that the fundamental rights of EU consumers are protected and that the gatekeepers comply with the new regulations put in place. According to Mr. Fasquelle, these two texts are an absolute necessity. He emphasised the work accomplished by the European Commission under the leadership of Thierry Breton. Mr. Fasquelle invited the Commissioner to deliver the opening speech and to express his views on how the Commission will tackle the new forms of anticompetitive behaviour in the digital sector.