– Interview with Inge Bernaerts, by Laurence Bary: Available for all (see above)
– Video: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see below)
– Audio: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Synthesis: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Transcript: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Concurrences Related Articles (Click Read More below and see page’s bottom) Check the Upcoming Conferences section for the next webinars.
Frédéric Jenny introduced the discussion, mentioning that several recent initiatives have been brought forward in Europe to regulate large digital platforms. The European Commission has elaborated a proposal for the Digital Markets Act (DMA), and the CMA in London has suggested the establishment of a Digital Markets Unit and the implementation of a new regime for the most powerful digital firms, the Strategic Market Status (SMS) regime. Germany and the US also have taken steps in the same direction. These raise complex questions: data, fairness, consumer protection, and the relationship between regulation and competition policy.