– Interview with Cecilio Madero, by Alec Burnside: Available for all (see above)
– Video: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see below)
– Audio: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Synthesis: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see below)
– Transcript: Available for Concurrences+ subscribers (see above)
– Concurrences Related Articles (Click Read More below and see page’s bottom) Check the Upcoming Conferences section for the next webinars. Synthesis
In-house counsel showcase session (level playing field, market definition, mergers which do not meet thresholds, non-competition law considerations...)
Mélanie Thill-Tayara introduced the webinar. A lot has happened in 2020 in the imagination of competition authorities to fill alleged the enforcement gap and expand the scope of merger control. Competition authorities are facing a triple phenomenon: digitalisation, globalisation, and the rise of issues that go beyond a strict competition law assessment. Faced with this evolution, the European Commission (the “Commission”) and National Competition Authorities (“NCAs”) are trying to adapt and find answers. The Commission is going to make announcements in mid-December, but we do not know yet what exactly the scope of future regulatory tools will be. In-house counsels and lawyer are left with a relatively high level of uncertainty.