A. Essential factual and legal aspects The shipping company, Corsica Ferries France SAS, applicant in the present dispute, offers regular ferry services to Corsica departing from continental France (Marseille, Toulon and Nice) and Italy. The shipping company and beneficiary of the aid measure in the present case, Société nationale maritime Corse-Méditerranée ("SNCM"), provides also regular ferry services to Corsica and Nord Africa departing from continental France (Marseille, Toulon and Nice) and regular ferry services towards Sardinia. In 2002 the Société nationale des chemins de fer (SNCF) held 20% of the shareholdings of the SNCM and the Compagnie générale maritime et financière ("CGMF"), a wholly state-owned company, held the rest of 80%. Following the liberalisation of the market for
The EU General Court annuls the Commission’s decision by which it approved all of the measures adopted by France in favour of Corsica ferries (Corsica Ferries France)
Access to this article is restricted to subscribers
Already Subscribed? Sign-in
Access to this article is restricted to subscribers.
Read one article for free
Sign-up to read this article for free and discover our services.