The Portuguese Competition Authority clears a merger between wind power electricity producers (New Finerge / Empreedimentos Eólicos do Rego / Eolcinf / Parque Eólico do Vale de Abade / Biowatt / Eolflor)

On May 4th 2018, the Portuguese Competition Authority (PCA) was notified of a merger where New Finerge, S.A. (New Finerge), a company operating in the electricity production market, aimed to acquire exclusive control over five wind farm management companies: Empreedimentos Eólicos do Rego, S.A. (EE do Rego), Eolcinf – Produção de Energia Eólica, S.A. (Eolcinf), Parque Eólico do Vale de Abade, S.A. (PE Vale de Abade) Biowatt – Recursos Energéticos, S.A. (Biowatt), Eolflor – Produção de Energia Eólica, S.A. (Eolflor) – case Ccent 22/2018. These companies were already jointly controlled by New Finerge, which held 51% of the shares in each company, and Catavento – Produção de Energia Eólica, S.A., which held the remaining 49% that New Finerge aimed to acquire through the merger. The notification was

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers

Already Subscribed? Sign-in

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers.

Read one article for free

Sign-up to read this article for free and discover our services.

 

PDF Version

Authors

  • Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados (Porto)
  • Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados (Porto)

Quotation

Eduardo Maia Cadete, Frederico Machado Simões, The Portuguese Competition Authority clears a merger between wind power electricity producers (New Finerge / Empreedimentos Eólicos do Rego / Eolcinf / Parque Eólico do Vale de Abade / Biowatt / Eolflor), 7 June 2018, e-Competitions Bulletin Energy & Mergers, Art. N° 87437

Visites 137

All issues

  • Latest News issue 
  • All News issues
  • Latest Special issue 
  • All Special issues