The operation The merger resulted from a privatisation project based on the decision of the Czech government to transfer the 100 % of shares in Pražské vodovody a kanalizace, a.s. ("PVK") owned by the Czech Republic to other entities. Consequently, the 34 % of shares in PVK were transferred for free of charge to the Prague municipality while the remaining 66 % of shares were acquired by PRAGUE WATER CGE-AW ("CGE-AW"), the successful bidder. (p. 1 and 2) CGE-AW is a French company established for the sole purpose to privatise PVK; CGE-AW is 100 % controlled by its mother company CGE and is part of the multinational group Vivendi Water providing water services in more than 100 countries throughout the
The Czech Competition Authority clears a merger in the water treatment sector subject to a price increase cap (Prague Water CGE-AW / PVK)
Access to this article is restricted to subscribers
Already Subscribed? Sign-in
Access to this article is restricted to subscribers.
Read one article for free
Sign-up to read this article for free and discover our services.