CASE COMMENTS: MERGERS – FRANCE – MOBILE TELEPHONE – INFRASTRUCTURES – CONSECUTIVE OPERATIONS

Clearance: The French Competition Authority authorises the sale by a mobile telephone operator of exclusive control over its mobile phone equipment hosting infrastructure sites to an operator of telecommunications and broadcasting infrastructure (Iliad 7 / Cellnex)

On 30 August 2019, the French Competition Authority ('FCA') approved Cellnex’s acquisition of a 70% stake in Iliad 7, a subsidiary of Iliad (controlled by Mr. Xavier Niel). Iliad 7 owns all the mobile telecommunication hosting sites previously controlled by Free Mobile, a French mobile network operator also controlled by Iliad. The remaining 30% stake in Iliad 7 will be owned by Iliad that will, however, not have any veto right. Therefore, the transaction constitutes an acquisition of sole control over Iliad 7 by Cellnex. The transaction took place in the context of a wider set of acquisitions by Cellnex of mobile telecommunication

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers

Already Subscribed? Sign-in

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers.

Read one article for free

Sign-up to read this article for free and discover our services.

 

PDF Version

Authors

Quotation

François Brunet, Victor Levy, Clearance: The French Competition Authority authorises the sale by a mobile telephone operator of exclusive control over its mobile phone equipment hosting infrastructure sites to an operator of telecommunications and broadcasting infrastructure (Iliad 7 / Cellnex), 30 August 2019, Concurrences August 2019, Art. N° 93347, pp. 123-124

Visites 69

All reviews