The German Bundeskartellamt cleared a merger in the market for food additives subject to remedies, including the commitment not to apply to the EC for an extension of anti-dumping customs duties (Ajinomoto/Orsan)

The operation On 7 January 2003 Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Japan (“Ajinomoto”) notified the Bundeskartellamt of its proposed acquisition of 80.4% of Orsan S.A, France (“Orsan”). Orsan is mainly active as a producer of monosodium glutamate (MSG), a flavour enhancer. With a plant in Neslé, France, Orsan is the only producer of MSG in Europe. Since 1996 a minority stake of 19.6% in Orsan has been held by Ajinomoto. The remaining 80.4% has been held by Amylum France S.A., France (“Amylum”). Orsan does not directly trade or operate in Germany, but is active on the German market through

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers

Already Subscribed? Sign-in

Access to this article is restricted to subscribers.

Read one article for free

Sign-up to read this article for free and discover our services.

 

PDF Version

Author

Quotation

Jonas S. Brueckner, The German Bundeskartellamt cleared a merger in the market for food additives subject to remedies, including the commitment not to apply to the EC for an extension of anti-dumping customs duties (Ajinomoto/Orsan), 2 May 2003, e-Competitions Bulletin May 2003, Art. N° 20788

Visites 1485

All issues

  • Latest News issue 
  • All News issues
  • Latest Special issue 
  • All Special issues